Caring for Your Jacuzzi with SpaGuard Chlorine
Upon fill up:
- Insert Proclear Cartridge into the filter with the grate underneath
- Add 2oz of Chlorine directly to water
- Add 2 oz. of Stain & Scale Control directly into water
- Wait at least 12 hours and check Ph with Test Strip
- Adjust Ph as necessary with Spa Up or Spa Down
After Each Use:
- Add approximately ½ – 1 oz of chlorine directly to water
- Check Ph with Test Strip and adjust as necessary
- Add 2 oz. of Stain & Scale Control directly to water
- Shock water with 2-4 oz Spa Shock
- Add 2 oz. of Spa Shock + 1 oz Chlorinating Granules if water is cloudy
- Add 2 oz. of Foam Down if water is excessively foamy
- Apply Cover Care & Conditioner to cover to protect from UV rays
- Remove filters from the spa. Rinse filters thoroughly and reinstall into spa.
Every 3-4 months:
- Drain spa and wipe down shell with a cotton towel. Once dry, apply a thin layer of Fast Gloss to the shell, allow 15 minutes to dry, and wipe off with a clean cotton towel.
- Remove filters from the spa. Dilute one bottle of Filter Clean in four gallons of water and allow filters to soak for at least three hours. Rinse filters thoroughly and reinstall into spa.
- Refill spa and refer to the Upon fill up portion above
Please note: If spa is not seeing regular use at least every 3 days please be sure to check to chlorine levels and maintain approximately 3 ppm of sanitizer. For instance, if you are only a weekend user, check your spa’s sanitizer levels on Wednesday evening and add 1 to 2 oz. of chlorine granules.